Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Flickr? I don't even knowr!


Librarian humour on a mug
Originally uploaded by radical_adult
Sorry, but somebody had to say it.

It's taken me a while to get around to this one. I finally figured out how to get my photos out of my camera and into the computer, now i just have to take the extra step of posting them online. Intil then, I poked around a bit and found some interesting things.

When I typed "Librarian" into the search engine, I came up with 31,381 images. This included one called "Librarians in showercaps" and this one called "librarian humor on a mug" apparently in Danish.

Awesomely (if it's not a world it should be) the tags for this one are:
Mug
Librarian
Kitsch
Danish
Sad (?)
Tivoli

Tthere were also assorted photos of Librarians partaking in everyday activities: working, cooking, playing Dance Dance Revolution, twirling, playing soccer against the Germans...You get the idea.

I learned a great deal from my Flickr experiment: It's really easy to use, a lot of people dress their dogs up as "Dogula" for Halloween and apparently there is a "Gentleman's Club in Vegas called "The Library."


Now that is sad

1 comment:

Librarianne said...

Thanks a lot for making me laugh out loud at the reference desk with your first sentence. Serves me right for reading these things in public.