Thursday, December 20, 2007

17 1/2

Facebook seems to be one of the best of the Social Networking sites. At least the ones of which I am aware. Myspace is skewed to young for me and some of the pages are shall we say “not office appropriate.” I never got into Friendster although most of my friends did. Facebook seems like a fairly respectable option. I haven’t seen anything too risqué. I signed up but I don’t know how often I will use it.

There seems to be a huge gap between the potential and the reality. Potentially, you could use Facebook to reach out to our customers and provide better service. Unfortunately, it seems like all people ever really do with it is “throw” things at each other. I predict I will use it for about a month and then lose interest. I’m more likely to use my LinkedIn account. It serves a similar purpose but is way more professional. Plus I don’t like the idea of being “poked” by a total stranger.

No comments: