Thursday, December 20, 2007

Del.ici-wha?

Del.icio.us is really starting to grow on me. It’s handy to be able to access my bookmarks regardless of what computer I’m using and share them with others. I don’t really use it for personal bookmarking (yet) but it’s really handy for work. We use it in Telephone Reference to share useful pages and pinpoint specific information. If for example, we notice that we’ve had a few calls asking about one of the presidential candidates speeches, we can tag the press release and it’s easily accessible to whomever is on the desk.
It’s also handy for locating information. By browsing through other people’s collections and find some new pages or sites.
The only real problem I have with it is that remembering where the .'s in the name go is a pain in the neck.

No comments: