Thursday, December 20, 2007

What's up Google Docs?

I decided to try Google Docs because I already have a Google account so why not. I uploaded some documents from my work drive (the word documents of my Learning 2.0 posts) and lo and behold! When I got home I could access them! O.K. s that’s cool. But wait! I can share documents with people and not have to constantly cut and paste and copy and email back and forth. This? I’ll use.

ThinkFree I didn’t like. When I went to the home page there was an excel document that kind of flashed at me and made me wonder if it might cause seizures. And it does that thing where the mouse arrow moves really jerky across the page. I don’t like that. As for the content? I couldn’t say because I abandoned it at the homepage.

Writeboard looks pretty good. I like that each document is individual rather than 1 account with all of them. It keeps it completely separate from any of your other documents. Which could be a pain, but I kind of like it. The down side is, it emails you with your document name and password so if anyone got into your email, they could access your documents. With Google docs, you would need the account password, which is not in your email verification.

No comments: